Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Welcome

As many of you know, after living in the Washington, DC area for over ten years, my husband and I decided to move back to New England. We chose the Portland, ME region after much consideration. This area has so much to offer, and as we enjoy a perfect New England summer we realize we made the right decision.
Leaving behind my successful photograph business was difficult. So many of of my clients have become my friends, and I left DC with fond memories of the good times I have photographed. Whenever I return to DC for work, it's always a joyful reunion with old friends. In fact, I often get emotional when I realize that it's the last time I will be seeing some you. Thanks to you all for sharing your special occassions with me over the years.
I have a job over Labor Day 2006 so if anyone in DC needs me for anything let me know. I am also set to return in April 2007. If you are interested in hiring me for an event in the DC area, give me a call. You never know, I may be able to come on down.
After spending months focused on personal affairs, I am excited to turn my attention once again to photography. There has been a good deal of interest in my services. I am looking forward to photographing wedding this summer at the beautiful Mount Washington Hotel in New Hampshire and the Samoset Resort in Rockport, ME. I am happy to travel throughout New England.
The new website has been well received. If you haven't already, please take a minute to look at it. I made the big leap in to the digital age. I am now shooting digitally. It has revolutionized my work flow and opened the door to many new possibilities. I am happy to announce that I am now using Pictage (www.pictage.com) to host my online event galleries. There you can see the images from your event. You can share the gallery with your friends and family, and you can even order reprints. I am working on a new digitally-designed coffee table style book. Some people don't like the informal nature of these books so I'll still be offering the traditional Leather Craftsman books. There have been so many new doors opened by digital photography, now if only I can get my hands on the new Nikon D200...

No comments: