Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kate & Scott

Kate & Scott
August 2nd, 2008
Rockport, Maine



This summer has been so rainy that I feel incredibly fortunate to have not had any of my weddings get completely rained out (I'm knocking wood here). All day at Kate and Scott's wedding it looked like we were going to get rained on, but it wasn't until I got in my car to drive home at the end of the night that the first drops started to fall. Thank goodness for that because the ceremony overlooking Rockport Harbor, Kate's hometown, would not have been the same any where else. Kate was perhaps the most laid back bride ever. When I arrived to shoot the preparations, Kate's house was filled with her girlfriends. The conversations were wild -- girl talk always is -- and Kate was getting the full make up treatment from her dear friend who had just returned from Iraq. From that point on I knew the day would be filled with laughter and love. What I didn't know was that it would end with afros and polyester.


Click here to see more from the wedding. The online gallery will be available sometime Saturday so don't forget to register for your $5 gift certificate.




I love this shot of Kate. There are a ton of more traditional bridal portraits, but in this one she look so happy and natural. Love it!











Yeah, Kate and Scott know how to throw a party! These guys were amazing!


I'm a bit sketchy on the details, but here's what I've got:

Ceremony site: Rockport Habor

Dress: Nicole Miller

Reception: The wonderful Carver Hill Gallery in Rockport

Band: Motor Booty Affair

No comments: